12 January, 2010

The children's missionary story for the week is about Corrie Ten Boom. One of my all time favorite stories. I've read her books many times and they never fail to encourage my faith. One of her books, The Hiding Place, talks about how a small Jewish baby and it's mother showed up on their doorstep, needing a place to hide from the Gestapo. They brought her in and at the same time, a christian pastor arrived. Knowing they wouldn't be able to keep the baby, they asked the christian pastor, who lived in the country, to take it. With horror he refused, saying they could all be arrested and lose their lives for one Jewish baby. That really struck me. I would like to think that i would be different, that i would be like Corrie and risk my life over and over for someone else. But would i? Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (if it is not in your Google ID) so we know who you are. Thanks.