20 September, 2017

    I am supposed to be planning next week's meal menu but I'm writing a blog post instead. Don't say I don't love you and certainly don't say that I've ignored my blog the last 4 months. What's a woman with 10 children and a crazy life supposed to do? Especially when said woman has a very fat nursing baby who loves to eat, and a cranky two year old who is trying to figure out what personal opinions are and how far you can push people's buttons before they say enough is enough. Our older ones are like, "was I like that at two?!?!" Yep, and maybe worse.


Emily at the coffee shop with her friends. Marlin and i happened to walk by while they were being all cool so we made sure to leer in the window. It's great being party pooper parents. 


   Some days I feel like I'm treading in water over my head while the entire family watches with interest to see if mama has what it takes. It's intense, loud, frustrating and incredibly rich. There are moments when I tell the kids to stop and savor the moment. We're making memories and life is wonderful. And then there are the moments when I tell them that if one more male in this house burps or wrestles I will be pushed over the edge and it won't be pretty. Especially when schooling is supposed to be happening and NO ONE IS PAYING ATTENTION!


See what i mean? 


  Seriously, do you children want to be profitable adults or foolish imbeciles? And no, I can't help you with how to turn fractions into decimals and then divide by 38. I haven't had to do that in like 25 years and I don't care to relearn it. That's why you do Teaching Textbooks and besides, I have to teach other just as reluctant human beings how to read. One of the reasons we homeschool is so that you're self directed and self teaching so go figure it out. Without goofing off or being distracted or we WILL be having a discussion with Big Daddy when he gets home. Love you to.

   And so life spins on with its highs and lows. We've kind of started our school year. I'm still waiting on some textbooks for Josh and Zac but meanwhile they work on math, science and social studies. The twins and Jacob are still learning how to read. The twins have an appointment with a therapist in October and I'm hoping she will give me some wisdom on how to help them. Jacob isn't learning to read as easily as I thought he would (he excels in math)but then and again, I shouldn't be surprised. None of the boys in this household were child prodigy's who learned to read at 5 but when they did learn, there was no looking back. They gobble books like I gobble chocolate. (yum, chocolate......excuse me for a moment)



Those baby cheeks! 


  Marlin's ESL classes are growing rapidly and the students assure me that "teacher is the best." Why, of course he is! After all, i married him didn't i????

................................

  So, life got in the way so here it is a day later and I'm returning to hopefully finish this post. This evening our Muslim neighbor is coming for supper and the kitchen looks like a small bakery exploded so I'm a busy woman. The children are having a yard and bake sale tomorrow, along with lemonade so there are chai cupcakes cooling and chocolate chip cookies carefully bagged. The children had a lemonade stand earlier in the year and did quite well. People in Boston love cute children holding signs proclaiming lemonade for 50 cents and when the children counted up their loot at the end of the day they were quite pleased. Even our local police showed up and handed them $5 for a cup of sugary lemonade. So Emily bakes while others dig things we no longer want or need and slap price stickers on. I'm doing very little other than taste testing and hiding out in my lovely bedroom when the chaos becomes a bit much.

Am i cute or what? And please, ignore the dirt around my mouth because i'm a boy and dirt is a fact of life. 


................................

   And it's now partway through the next week but i refuse to not finish this post. It's ridiculous how this is dragging on but finish i will! That yard sale that happened? Yeah, not such a success but what do you expect when it's cloudy and dreary? It was a great experience for them anyway and after it was all over, the children decided to take the money and treat us out to supper. It was enough when combined with a coupon so out we went to the most amazing Indian restaurant ever! It was a tiny restaurant in an adorable little town with great character. The staff fell over their feet welcoming us and the waiter told us how he grew up the youngest of 6 and my! how well behaved our crew is. They then brought mango smoothies (lassis) out for the children free of charge and people, the food! It was authentic and delightful, even with a small room full of customers who were intrigued with this large family that included the fattest, cutest baby ever. The restaurant was obviously very popular and we can see why. After the meal we decided to treat ourselves to kulfi's, an Indian ice cream made of cream, pistachios and cardamom. Do yourself a favor and eat a kulfi. We had them for the first in Kenya and they are ahhhmazing. Well, what do you know, they didn't charge us for them! As we were preparing to leave, the waiter was disappointed because he wanted a picture of us. Marlin assured him we'll be back (at least as a couple...its not like we have yard sales on a regular basis) and we headed home, full of contentment at the world.

Um, people, some adoration please!

  But i really must bring this to a close. The twins, Jacob and Levi are making their own breakfast of eggs and toast and it sounds borderline chaotic out there so i need to go be a mother. Besides, if i don't hit send asap, this will become yet another blog post that never happened.


Another picture because i can't help myself. Look at those thighs!! If only adults were as cute with that amount of fat. 





5 comments:

  1. Yay! You got it published! ☺ I love chubby babies and reading about mom life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sit tight and hang on! They GROW up way to fast!:) Its good to see you finally hit the send button and posted!:) Tina ps you need to talk with my brother, Wes & Carla they are working on adopting 2 more Lord Willing. That will make 13 for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I certainly enjoyed your post! I enjoyed even more meeting up with you today! God bless you as you serve in Boston. You look like such a happy momma :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I always love your posts!
    And my, you are right - what a CUTE chub-chub! He is his own little person, eh?
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the smiles, Darla :) My life in all it's very DIFFERENT details than yours can relate completely.

    Love you,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (if it is not in your Google ID) so we know who you are. Thanks.