19 March, 2009

Ranch Dressing

A yummy, healthy homemade ranch dressing that we also love as a veggie dip.

RANCH DRESSING

3/4 CUP MAYO OR 6 OZ CREAM CHEESE
1/2 CUP BUTTERMILK
2 T PARSLEY
1 1/2 TSP. ONION (I USED FRESH ONION)
1 CLOVE GARLIC, MINCED
SALT
PEPPER
2 T PARMESAN, OPTIONAL
BLEND AND ENJOY.

I make most of our food from scratch and it's such a part of my life i rarely think of it. Unless i'm in the first trimester of pregnancy when cooking is an act of true love, not because i'm enjoying it. We had some friends from Ohio visiting and i noticed he was watching as i made salad dressing and i forget what else. I mentioned that we make everything from scratch around here and he dryly remarked, "i noticed." I forget how that's not "normal" in today's culture, although if the economy keeps heading south, we might all benefit learning to either make, or grow, all our food or do without. To become self sufficient is one of our goals but that's another whole post.

2 comments:

  1. how long would this recipe last? Sean and I are the only ones that eat ranch, and really not all that often. but it sounds SO good. I hate the store bought stuff, but I don't want to make something for it all to go bad in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking at least a week or two, although it never lasts that long around here.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (if it is not in your Google ID) so we know who you are. Thanks.