10 May, 2009

What a crazy weekend so far. We went to the homeschool convention and i came home saying that it's not a good idea to go when pregnant. I'm too emotional to handle all the crowds and all the choices and booths "screaming" that they are the best way to homeschool. Marlin and i agreed that the best part of the whole day was coming home to the children. I was barely in the door when our 9 year old son ran over and gave me a hug that nearly knocked me off my feet. He told me later that he missed me terribly and was so glad to see me. Emily's whole face lit up when we walked in. That's all the reason i need to continue homeschooling. My children actually like to be with me, (i can hardly believe it either) and because i'm with them 24/7, our lives are intertwined in every area. In the process of the day, God opened my eyes to some areas in my life that needed to be dealt with and while it was emotional(of course) and painful, it was also beautiful and it drew my heart together with Marlin's in a wonderful way. I'm already looking forward to next year, cozy winter days, and noisy kids piled around the table learning about far away countries.

Today we had a wedding and when we got back, late, my man told me to hand over the grocery list and he is now grocery shopping at 9:30 at night. What a hero!! I seriously worry that he spoils me too much but it makes me want to be the best wife ever. Unfortunately, i haven't been exactly role model material lately. I've been weepy for no apparent reason, except for the fact that it's got to be a girl in this womb of mine.

Speaking of weddings, we met a young dating couple at this wedding and it took us back 13 years. :) I've known her for a couple of years and although we rarely meet anymore, we're always happy to see each other. Anyway, Marlin and i were talking about her later and he said that she is a Darla 15 years ago. I told her that maybe we should warn her boyfriend and we both started laughing. In watching them we couldn't help but remember what it was like back then. While life was exciting and new love made our blood pump fast and hard, i wouldn't trade places for the world. Well, it would be fun for like one day, but i would never want to have to learn all the lessons i've had to learn in the last 13 years.

Well,time for this mama to head to bed.

Happy Mother's Day, my friends!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you on Friday. I really appreciate you....your heart for God and your heart for your family. Did you decide to do the ywam books? Ladea and Mikya have already looked through them several times but I told them we're going to wait to read them. :) Blessings to you.
    -Connie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (if it is not in your Google ID) so we know who you are. Thanks.