07 July, 2009

I'm back

Remember me? :) I'm back, after a nice hiatus from blogging and actually from most computer time at all. The computer died shortly after moving and Marlin only got it up and running again today. To be honest, it wasn't a sacrifice, but an enjoyable break. Actually, i wasn't even sure i was at all anxious to get back on the computer, but here i am.

We're moved and it feels like home. I haven't missed Rt. 897 once, and especially the harley's roaring past the house on a Sunday afternoon. We're hoping to get a couple kittens here in the next several weeks and maybe even a few chickens. That is if Marlin ever gets a chicken house built..........that's a pretty big if. The biggest adjustment has been the early bedtimes since Marlin has to get up much earlier to get to work in decent time, but we were expecting that and feel it's a small price to pay for the compensations.

I'm slowly starting to turn my thoughts toward school but am not ready yet to get my year organized. I know it will happen soon enough but until them i'm enjoying the break. I want to truly enjoy each season and not be constantly looking toward the next, although planning has it's place.

When i look at my temper tantrum throwing 1 1/2 year old, i wonder if we're going to learn anything this school year. The twins are working on teeth and Caleb finds it especially hard to deal with. He is without doubt our most challenging child, and yet his love is as passionate as his temper. I don't think i could feel more inadequate, but i have a feeling God is using this to deal with more flesh in my heart. OUCH!!!! I really don't want to deal with anything at the moment, and can sympathize with Caleb as he stands screaming in red faced anger. He will make an awesome warrior for Christ someday, passionate and standing his ground, and in the meantime, i'm going to do a lot of praying.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you again, Darla. I missed your blogging! Glad to hear that things are going well at your new house.

    Love you,

    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (if it is not in your Google ID) so we know who you are. Thanks.