23 June, 2010

What's happening in the Weaver house?

This is the first week of our "new" life as farmers and yet not farmers. I know, that made a whole lot of sense but let me explain. We still haven't moved, which means whenever we are actually farmers, we have to drive 30 minutes first. We still aren't getting up early to milk, since my dad is doing most of the milking til we move. We also are enjoying the luxury of central air conditioning, which will come to a screeching halt after we become true farmers. No air in the farmhouse. As far as when that moving day is, we're not exactly sure. Sometime in the next 3 weeks, whenever all the details get ironed out. A wonderful time for me to be a wife and be able to follow, not lead. As i told a friend recently, my job description doesn't change, no matter what's happening in our life. Actually, a friend told me that once and i never forgot it. (Thanks Licia, you are truly walking it out in real life) Wherever we are, and whatever we are doing, i am first and foremost a wife and mother. It is not for me to carry the weight of the farm, the moving or even my mother. It is for me to continue to feed and clothe my family, love them, and most importantly of all, pray for them. I want to walk through this as a woman of grace, not a stressed out frazzled heap, sobbing my woes out to my man at the end of the day. There's a time and place for weeping and snotting all over Marlin, but God forbid i drag him down when he truly needs a helpmeet. And to be honest, i am walking in a peace that only comes from my heavenly Father. How gracious He is and how often i am amazed at how He's working out the littlest details as i continue to trust Him. A cup of good joe in the morning helps to. :)

My father's sale is in a couple weeks, which means much work, but again, i am simply amazed at how people are pouring themselves out for us. I have several aunts who are insisting on helping us houseclean my parents house, which is a big job and not only that, they are also bringing part of the meal. I'm telling you, i'm so very spoiled.......the work and unanswered questions, it's all worth it when we watch our sons careening down a very bumpy pasture on the wagon, turning it just in time to keep from hitting the fence, laughing hysterically at the joy of being young and carefree. Or to watch Eric turning into a young man, driving the van across the pasture as his big daddy follows in the 8N Ford. And the excitement as they get dressed to go to the farm with dad, it just blesses my heart. It puts everything into perspective. Sometimes i get scared, thinking of all the things that could go wrong, either financially or even with the safety of my boys. I mean, Eric fractured his arm the other week just horsing around in the front yard! Farms can be dangerous places, especially with 2 ponds, albeit small ones, and a set of 2 year old twins who have no clue what fear means. (They have no qualms about going right up to a cow and checking it out) What to do but pray and try and keep a close eye on them at all times, but face it, i'm not perfect and i'm not all seeing, but i know who is.........

Sometimes i just want to fast forward the next 3 months, but since that's not an option, i will simply have to continue taking one day at a time. And after all, that really is all i can do, aye?

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you Darla! Just the other day I was thinking about you and everything that's happening in your life and I was feeling stressed for you! I guess that won't really be of any help to you though so I decided to pray for you instead! :) I really hope things go well for ya's the next few weeks... we might even come out and help! (you probably remember what Paul said the last time you moved! :) I am anxious to see the farm and just "catch up" again! See ya later...
    Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (if it is not in your Google ID) so we know who you are. Thanks.