23 March, 2009

How, pray tell, does a mother clothe and feed her children, take care of a newborn baby and still manage to teach the ABC's? I'll tell you this winter...... :)

One of the questions i get asked the most is, "how do you do it all?" I'm never sure how to answer, as i don't want to come across as a know it all, but neither do i want to downplay the responsibility that homeschooling is. I have my days when i ask myself that question, when the child i'm teaching just doesn't "get" it and we both feel like throwing that book out the window. And then i ask myself how i think i'll manage this winter with a brand new baby. I have this feeling that i'm going to learn the meaning of the word "self-discipline" in a whole new way. The kind of self discipline that i've only read about so far in books. Time management and teaching our children responsibility, not only with school work but even more with relating to siblings and household chores. And i can't help but think that our children will be learning lessons that they would never learn in a school setting. And it all comes down to this. Has God called us to homeschool? Our hearts say yes, so then it's no longer my burden to carry. It's His. I'm simply carrying out His plan, one day, one hour, and one minute at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name (if it is not in your Google ID) so we know who you are. Thanks.