26 January, 2011

Of Bears and Boys.....mostly Bears

Zachary, trying out his phonics skills.....

Eric is enjoying reading....if you only knew what a miracle that is!!!

I have the winter blues......anyone else with me on this? Or else i need a good old fashioned repenting session, complete with public weeping and gnashing of teeth. I think the whole past year is all of a sudden catching up with me and i feel like joining the local bears in their peaceful, QUIET dens........ALONE!!!! I'd fit right attitude wise. Don't mess with mama bear.........
Ok, so i don't really want to join the bears, and i know the winter blues will pass, and i hope that someday my children will actually feel like i'm teaching them anything in school..........and my problem isn't the lack of a quiet house, since I've actually had a quiet house several times today and i still feel like I'm related to the local bear community. I think, gulp, that it's actually me.......my heart needs a tune up. My attitudes need a readjustment and sometimes i just wish i could get a good spanking. It would be so much easier than getting on my knees and asking God to show me the truth about myself. 

Anyone want to start a bear club?






8 comments:

  1. Pretty sure Licia told you by now, but I have a Son! Ezra Nehemiah! Born Dec. 15th... 9lb 10oz, 20.5 in long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! Yes, Licia did tell me.......love the name!

    ~Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider me your first member of your Bear Club. Put this mama bear (who already has den fever) in a den of grouchy, sick, bored male cubs and a hibernation looks pretty welcome! :) I, too, need to be improving on my attitude and just love and cuddle and forgive my cubs - just like Jesus does to me. 51 more days til Spring!! We can make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's something to fit in with the theme of things that I thought was funny (no, it does not encourage us in the sacrifices of real motherhood)

    I Want To Be A Bear:
    If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.
    Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that.
    If you're a bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake up to partially grown, cute cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.
    If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.
    If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.
    Yup...I wanna be a bear.

    Hey, Darla, I'm lovin the pictures too. Hope winter blues are less today with the beautiful snow falling. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Brenda! :)

    Karen, that is too funny! I actually started writing something like that last night but it wasn't flowing so i gave up on it. Must've been the lack of bear brains.

    ~Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Darla! I'll join! (Bears get to eat lots of blueberries and they like honey!!) I know far too well the rumbling growl that rises from deep within, ready to burst out in ungodly explosions! However, I think you're on the right track. No... I know you are! Though the wounds to self and pride and flesh are painful, the rich harvest awaiting is worth it... again. Here is a verse I'm trying to memorize with the kids (yeah... I had to look it up. So much for memorizing!)

    "No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening - it is painful! But afterward there will be a quiet harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way" - Heb. 12:11 (NLT)

    Anyway, not all bears are bad! I'm sending you bear hugs! :-)

    (Next week we're reading "The Biggest Bear" for school!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to join your bear club but am already deep in hibernation. Yes, the winter blues hit here, too, complete with extended sleep times, apathy, and a sense of wonder on whether I will ever see the sun again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monica.....welcome. I have found your blog quite interesting, especially since we lived in Lancaster for a number of years.

    The problem with hibernation, i have about 7 bear cubs who refuse to cooperate. :( Ah well, spring will come....

    Licia, thanks for the encouragement. You're a blessing, as always. :)

    ~Darla

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name (if it is not in your Google ID) so we know who you are. Thanks.